There are plenty of reasons why people love coming to the Bay Area and San Francisco is usually high up on the list. The weather is great (except for that pesky fog), you have every kind of food imaginable, it’s quirky and eclectic, and the diversity of people is second to none.
Whether you’re a local or a tourist there are plenty of things to do in San Francisco. Here are 10 of my favs both on and off the beaten track.
1. Visit Golden Gate Park
2. Spend the evening at NightLife, a weekly event at the California Academy of Sciences (it’s adults only!)
3. Peruse the delicious offerings at the Farmer’s Market at the Ferry Building
4. Stroll through the Mission District, and see how many murals you can spot.
6. Go to the Exploratorium for their Thursday night adult only events (18+)!
7. Or one of the great museums in SF: The de Young, The SFMOMA, The Legion of Honor, The Asian Arts Museum (and yes, there are even more to choose from)
8. Take in the view from Coit Tower
9.Take a Ferry To Alcatraz Island and do a tour (preferably at night)
10.Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge
What are your favorite things to do in San Francisco? Share your ideas in the comments below!